Sennheiser MD441U - Super-Cardioid Studio Dynamic Microphone
The Sennheiser MD 441 U is a super-cardioid studio dynamic microphone. Embraced by the recording industry as one of the most versatile dynamic microphones available, the MD 441 U is a proven work horse designed for any recording application. The microphone features a super-cardioid pattern providing impressive rejection of off-axis noise due to mechanical noise, room ambiance, monitors, etc. The dynamic capsule handles high sound pressure levels and provides a wide 30-20,000 Hz frequency response. This makes the microphone suitable for drums, percussion, electric guitar, horns and other instruments with high transient (peak) response. Adding to the versatility is a 5-position low frequency roll-off switch and 2-position high frequency contour switch. The output stage features a hum bucking coil, suppressing noise and hum caused by bad cables, grounding etc.
- Dynamic Capsule
- The MD 441 U features a shock-mounted internal capsule resulting in even signal response in close and reasonable distances.
- Super-Cardioid Pattern
- The super-cardioid polar pattern is effective in attenuating off-axis noise and ambiance. The cardioid polar pattern is also effective in rejecting feedback due to monitors.
- 5 Position Bass Roll-Off
- The 5 position low frequency roll-off switch offers flexible bass attenuation allowing the microphone to be used in a variety of situations.
- 2 Position High Frequency Contour
- The High Frequency (treble boost) switch accentuates high end frequencies for added intelligibility.
- Integral Windscreen
- An integral windscreen provides effective diffusion of wind due to explosive "P" and "B" sounds and adds further protection to the capsule.
|(Pressure Gradient) Dynamic
|40 Hz - 20 kHz
|None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power
|10.625 x 1.44 x 1.31" (270 x 36 x 33mm) LxWxH
|12 oz. (450 g)
- Sennheiser MD441U - Super-Cardioid Studio Dynamic Microphone
- Hard Case
- Stand Adapter
- Sennheiser Warranty