Sennheiser MD421-II Microphone
The Sennheiser MD 421-II Microphone is a cardioid, dynamic microphone popularized by the recording and broadcast industry. The MD 421-II is favored for its ability to handle a variety of applications due to its flexible bass control. The microphone features a 5-position bass roll-off switch and frequency response of 30-17,000 Hz. The cardioid polar pattern effectively rejects off-axis noise due to room acoustics and noise, and also provides effective feedback rejection often caused by monitors positioned within close proximity. The MD 421 II features a dynamic capsule, allowing even signal response whether close-up or at a reasonable distance. This is particularly useful for broadcast applications, where announcers and DJs can refrain from remaining absolutely stationary. The MD 421-II also handles very high sound pressure levels, making it suitable for miking instruments high in transient (peak) response.
- Dynamic Capsule
- The MD 421 II features a dynamic capsule, resulting in even signal response in close and reasonable distances as well as the capacity to handle high SPL levels.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in attenuating off-axis noise and ambiance. The cardioid polar pattern is also effective in rejecting feedback due to monitors.
- 5-Position Bass Roll-Off
- The 5 position low frequency roll-off switch offers flexible bass attenuation allowing the microphone to be used in a variety of situations.
|(Pressure Gradient) Dynamic
|30 Hz - 17 kHz
|None Dynamic, Requires No Phantom or Battery Power
|8.375 x 1.875 x 2" (215 x 49 x 46mm) LxWxH
|14 oz (385g)
- Sennheiser MD 421-II Microphone
- Lock-On Microphone Stand Adapter
- Foam Lined Vinyl Snap Case
- Sennheiser Warranty